Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) systems are a critical element in the cost-effective considerations associated with building services. This would include the design and function of simple heating services throughout to complex air conditioning and ventilation.
- Gas/Oil/Electric/biomass heating
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Ventilation (fresh air supply/extraction)
- Electrical installation services including metering, estate lighting
- Lightning Protection Services
- Public Health Services
- Plumbing and Drainage
- BMS Controls
- Mechanical Services including automatic doors, roller shutters etc
- Fire Alarms and Security Systems
Both buildings and building services need maintenance during their lives. This is to ensure safe and efficient operation. Without proper adequate maintenance, there will be an increase in unforeseen failures and subsequent costs and a reduction in operating life. This should include adherence to SFG standard specifications and operated in conjunction with manufacturers recommendations for services and overall. This will include for more attention to equipment than simple testing and visual non obtrusive inspections. For further information see BISRIA guides.